Rate the last movie you saw.

Do you have any new movies or series you want to talk about? Then you are at the right place!
262 posts
The Day The Earth Stood Still (remake) - it would have been a very decent movie if Klaatu never changed its mind

Battle: LA - it was alright. Like most of the people have said, the ending sucked.

Paranormal Activity 2 - boring, predictable (if you've seen the first which I like more), and slightly rushed

The Midnight Meat Train - realistic begining, unrealistic ending. It had potential, but I did enjoy the gore

Teeth - pretty good 'moral of the story' kind of movie... but still a lame movie

Office Space - thumbs up

Haunting in Connecticut - predictable screamer movie

Dead End - characters who are not in sync with the atmosphere

Case 39 - better than Haunting in Connecticut and Dead End
Ip Man

I really liked the movie even if the story was simple. The fight scenes were just badass, especially the final fight.
Only downside was the japaneses style of fighting. Japanese Kung Fu, really? Where was karate, Jujutsu, judo etc. Well understand it was a chinese movie so maby they didnt know or care about the japanese styles.
But that was only a minor thing anyway.
Rango Review…

This is one is short. Doesn’t mean the movies sucks tho. But I must say, I wasn’t excited to see this movie but being that I get paid lots of money to review movies, I did what I had to do.

now to Rango… the story of a lizard who is a nobody, who pretends to be somebody, but ends up being nobody, but becomes somebody. Now I must say the first 15 minutes of this movie were the funniest to me. something about animals having Mexican accents is really funny or maybe its just Mexican accents period that crack me up. But the whole scene with him and what im guessing is a fat Mexican lizard running from a hawk was pretty hilarious. and from there it loses a little momentum, but not to where ur like this movie sucks. Its still funny and entertaining thru out the movie. And I actually liked the story a lot because it was about deceit, power, and control which is a theme you really don’t see in animated films but yet it was presented very well in a PG format.

I liked the scene where everyone is on bats and chasing Rango’s crew thru the canyons cause to me it felt like a throw back to Star Wars or Independence Day where spacecrafts are crashing into canyons and blowing up, which is funny cause they’re on bats and they blow up so I thought that was pretty kewl and funny. and you know what, towards the end when the revelation of who Rango really is comes to light, you actually feel pretty bad for the guy. So that’s always good when you feel something for the character. and when they’re animated, even better!

So all in all, I think this is an enjoyable movie for anyone. Do I feel you must go and see this movie? No. But if you end up watching it, you’ll be like “this is actually pretty good!”.

It gets a 7.5/10 from me.
The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. 9/10. It was great and I love the first classic one. I love animal-go-revenge-on-humans movies.
Not really a movie - but I like it so much - and I've done a watching marathon - season 1 and 2 on DVD, before 4th season starts here in german speaking countrys.

The BIG BANG THEORY 10/10

Its very unusual to see this type of intelligent jokes in a TV series - and its so hilarious.
Ooh, I love Big Bang Theory. :)

The last movie that I saw was The Bridesmaids and I really didn't like it that much...
It had some good parts but overall it wasn't really good so 4/10
Serenity.

I would either give it a 5.5/10 based on just seeing the movie without the series (would have been confused at some parts) and a 7/10 after watching the Firefly series (which I did.. and I did a Firefly marathon... for 12+ hours straight).
The King's Speech

10/10

Grand Cinema!
Aeon wrote:
Ip Man

I certainly agree with you that this was one of the best martial arts film I've seen in a while. So great that I refuse to watch the sequel on shitty-quality!Netflix and buying the DVD/blu-ray instead :rofl:
Seen once again recently on TV

Dogma 9/10

I love this movie - good comedy, nice plot, many stars like
Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Linda Fiorentino, Alan Rickman (Severus Snape),
Jay and Silent Bob, Salma Hayek , George Carlin, and Alanis Morissette

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/
Drive. 3.5/10.

Shitty movie.
Me, Myself, & Irene

6/10

Pretty good Jim Carrey movie.
Saw Thor this weekend…

I was extremely surprised and pleased with this movie because again, Thor just never really seemed that kewl to me. but the whole movie is great I think and what I really liked was the design of the world that Thor came from. It just looked really really kewl to me. CG worlds can come off to be cheesy sometimes I think but the worlds in this movie are fantastic! The Ice Giants were really kewl looking too and that whole scene where he goes to fight them with his friends was freakin awesome. everybody’s acting was really good too which is surprising from the guy who plays Thor since he kind of a nobody and looks like ur typical Wrestling douche bag.

And I really liked the few funny parts they threw in there. like I would love to walk in a pet store with the seriousness and bad mother look he had and say “I need a horse”. That was freakin funny! and also when he throws glass on the floor at the restaurant. Again, I just picture myself doing that and it makes me laugh.

I did feel the fight between him and last dude was a little short tho. I mean, literally once he got the hammer back it was over. I would of liked to see some more action with the hammer. But yeah… I love surprisingly good movies.

9/10
Colombiana

5/10

Typical Luc Besson.
Well known plot, Zoe Saldana as eye-catcher, nice action but in my opinion far too much predictable story line.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1657507/
Kongen av Bastøy (King of Devil's Island)

This is the second time I watch it thanks to the school. It's a historical drama film based on a true story from Norway.
For those who want to read about it in English: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1332134/

I give it a 8/10.
262 posts