Rate the last movie you saw.

Do you have any new movies or series you want to talk about? Then you are at the right place!
262 posts
Piranha 3D (6,5/10)
So silly...but so trully funny, fast and gore!
The Kung-Fu Kid (Karate was nowhere to be seen) (6.5/10)

Better photography and means than the original, but less merit and overcoming difficulties sense in this one.
Even though Pat Morita was no martial arts experts, Miyagi is better than that Mr. Han, at least he had a nice sense of humor.
I was expecting this film to be more "gangsta-like" type, but overall it was entertaining.

Before this one, I finally got to see 300 (1/10), one of the worst films I've ever seen.
i watched airdoll(JP)...
its abt a guy having intimate relationship with an airdoll.....
its +18 so oyu know waht airdolls do...

and you guys...when i watched the beginning..i was surprised....the main character was

our one and only....
Itao Itsuji!!!!
saw Shutter Island.

i must say i was a big fan of this movie. and it helped that i had no clue what it was about before watching it. but i really appreciate movies that keep you guessing till the end. and even when it spits the truth out to you, you still second guess it. Kind of reminded me of the movie Memento (which i really recommend). and i've never really given Leonardo DeCaprio credit for his acting, not sure why. but he's definitely gotten my respect lately. anyways, go watch this movie people, especially if you like movies that really make you think or figure out what the crap is going on.

i give this movie a 9/10.
jennifer. i don't understand your logic unless you were being sarcastic. but you say Resident Evil was "really amazing" as you so put it, but then you only give it a 5 out of 10. which would mean its only average. i could only imagine how you describe a movie that gets a 10 out of 10.

anyways, i heard it was a pretty terrible movie. so i'll just take your word for it :)
I've heard only negative comments too, though I quite liked the 3 earlier RE movies. Yay for waiting for downloadable version :lol:
gojinki wrote:
I've heard only negative comments too, though I quite liked the 3 earlier RE movies. Yay for waiting for downloadable version :lol:

Personally found those resident movies unuseful and so-so, It's not bad (but not far) and not even fun to compensate the emptyness of the whole thing.
I am a huge fan of the resident evil video game serie (bio hazard) and almost all the intersting elements (directing, plot, atmospher, characters) of the games are lost (or purposely forgotten) in those movies... :@
i myself am a huge fan of the RE game series. but since i'm also very picky what i watch cinema-wise. i couldn't get myself to watch any of the RE movies. because just as you said tigre, they looked "so-so". besides video games that have been turned into movies have had a terrible record. i would prefer they make movies out of them and just stick CG, kind of like the way Final Fantasy did with Advent Children.

it seems once they start using humans, it just doesn't turn out right.
Ezoghoul wrote:
i myself am a huge fan of the RE game series. but since i'm also very picky what i watch cinema-wise. i couldn't get myself to watch any of the RE movies. because just as you said tigre, they looked "so-so". besides video games that have been turned into movies have had a terrible record. i would prefer they make movies out of them and just stick CG, kind of like the way Final Fantasy did with Advent Children.

it seems once they start using humans, it just doesn't turn out right.

u right my friend! I only saw the first one... what a pity...
but there is a resident CG Movie "RE degeneration":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1174954/

anyway, RE should have been made by george romero but producers rejected his script which was much more closer to the game...to bad.
Easy A. I wasn't planning on watching it but my friend recommended it to me because it had book references and one of my jobs is at a bookstore. It wasn't bad, suprisingly. I'm not a chick flick person but this was an exception as it focused mostly on humour. Am I planning on seeing any more chick flicks in the future? No.
le_tigre_de_mongkok wrote:
gojinki wrote:

Personally found those resident movies unuseful and so-so, It's not bad (but not far) and not even fun to compensate the emptyness of the whole thing.
I am a huge fan of the resident evil video game serie (bio hazard) and almost all the intersting elements (directing, plot, atmospher, characters) of the games are lost (or purposely forgotten) in those movies... :@

I saw RE: Afterlife this week. Not a big fan of either the game or the movies, but I kinda already saw everything else in the cinema at the time.
I gotta say, the best thing about the movie was the opening soundtrack.

Anyways, last movie I saw was "The Other Guys". Surprisingly funny! 8/10
R.E.D.

Entertaining action movie - 7.5 / 10
Disney's Tangled.

The trailer bored me. My friend won free tickets. She asked me. I said yes.

It was better than I thought. 7 out of 10.
Last thing I saw was HBO specials, "Pacific"

I'd say overall, story wise. Around 8/10ish.
Just finished "Zebraman 2". Super awesome movie:)
But that's also what I'd expect from Miike Takashi. He's an awesome director :D
I'll give it 9/10.
Oh and Zebramand 1 is just as good - just so you know it:P
262 posts