Batsu Game 2015 Team Gaki

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
176 posts
gesichtspalme wrote:
The tension is killing me :o

Haha yeah I've been eyeing that too, and I'm not even watching it until parts are out anyway! It's just somehow exciting to know it's getting closer.
I discovered Running Man last month. I'm on episode 60 and there are more than 200... so I don't even remember the Batsu game until I open this forum with the rest of the daily forums bookmarks xD
Yeah, there's plenty of other stuff to do/watch in the interim so that I'm not glued to the status page :rofl: Glad you found something to fill the gap!

I know I should wait because it's only 30 new minutes, but I'll probably watch it anyway.
Soudou I admire your willpower :whew:
The dumb is strong in this one.
gesichtspalme wrote:
Soudou I admire your willpower :whew:

Aw thanks, though it's not like I have much willpower when it comes to pretty much everything else though. :rofl:
Plus with weekly Gaki eps and Housei on other shows to catch I'm still getting a 'fix'.
soudou wrote:
Aw thanks, though it's not like I have much willpower when it comes to pretty much everything else though. :rofl:
Plus with weekly Gaki eps and Housei on other shows to catch I'm still getting a 'fix'.

I'm not really good enough to watch raw stuff yet. Also I'm pretty much through with all Game Center CX episodes and things like Mechaike and Shabekuri 007. Also Running Man is korean, which won't help me at all with understanding the japanese language better.

Anyone got something japanese that's subbed in english?

Edit:
Btw I already got weak and watched the 6th part. :D
It's much better than EDF.
gesichtspalme wrote:
I'm not really good enough to watch raw stuff yet.

Neither am I, that's why I'm waiting for the sub of the batsu. But sadly we can't bet on many of the weekly episodes getting a sub at this point in time so I watch those despite not understanding much. After watching the batsus you get an idea of their interactions and it's just kind of funny to see them wind each other up like they do in the break rooms. Also there are many themes in the episodes that can be vaguely understood without words, e.g. the most recent one was about lip-syncing. One of the reasons I like Housei is because he uses a lot of physical gestures/expressions that I can find entertaining without words.

Anyone got something japanese that's subbed in english?

Sadly there aren't a lot of subbed variety shows, I'm assuming you've already checked out GodzillaRadio's past stuff.
You might have to turn to Japanese dramas or anime.
soudou wrote:
Sadly there aren't a lot of subbed variety shows, I'm assuming you've already checked out GodzillaRadio's past stuff.
You might have to turn to Japanese dramas or anime.

You got that right. I have collected a huge amount of subbed material (about 250 GB right now) including all the people who have been doing it in the past. I imagine that you've done that aswell and you know how much work was involved in getting all those rare lost episodes.

I've been scraping every little bit of GnT that I could get for quite a while :D

Also I'm still a daily regular on GodzillaRadio's blog (and also eChie, Shibata and Zurui) even though he hasn't been that active. He's just a great guy and I want to encourage him :)
Why is this sooooo much slower than last year?

Was finished early march (my file is march 6th) yet this year its already the 23rd and we are only just about to get part 7?

Not complaining or anything, just glad to get some subs for this awesome show, just wondering what went wrong if anything
skules wrote:
Why is this sooooo much slower than last year?
Was finished early march (my file is march 6th) yet this year its already the 23rd and we are only just about to get part 7?
Not complaining or anything, just glad to get some subs for this awesome show, just wondering what went wrong if anything

Last year (Earth Defence) was an exception as the lead translator had a lot more free time (no work / school) compared to back when they worked on Teachers which was completed in April, similarly this year everyone has more commitments with work / school. It's all volunteer-based though so if you know any subbers out there who would be keen to sub a show like Gaki, they can use the help. They have been shifting the roster around based on who has time to volunteer e.g. Rich has been moving house recently so others have taken on his typesetting e.g. Meltycreature etc.

But yeah ultimately last year was not the rule, typically I think it ends up more towards mid to late Spring based on past years, but it does depend on each individual volunteer's free time that year.
  • Hotel (Shibatabread) - Part 1 (Jan 6th) - Completed (May 3rd)
  • Spy (Shibatabread) - Part 1 (Jan 11th) - Completed (March 27th)
  • Airport (Zurui) - Part 1 (Jan 8th) - Completed (May 7th)
  • Teachers (Team Gaki) - Part 1 (Jan 8th) - Completed (Apr 13th)
  • Earth Defense (Team Gaki) - Part 1 (Jan 4th) - Completed (Feb 22nd)
  • Prison (Team Gaki) - Part 1 (Jan 11th) - Completion TBD
Part 7 hitting the interwebs:
http://www.teamgaki.com/bastu-2015-part-7/

Time for Part 7. Nearly there!

Just a quick note… we sub in our free time. Some of the team have more important things to take care of before doing anything with the subs. Please respect that before making any comment either here or on our FB page, many thanks :)
soudou wrote:
http://www.teamgaki.com/bastu-2015-part-7/

Time for Part 7. Nearly there!

Just a quick note… we sub in our free time. Some of the team have more important things to take care of before doing anything with the subs. Please respect that before making any comment either here or on our FB page, many thanks :)

Yeah lol, i saw that they just removed/deleted all of the hate comments they got from the whole early release fiasco. No idea who thought of that, kind of obvious donators would be pissed off :P
skules wrote:
Yeah lol, i saw that they just removed/deleted all of the hate comments they got from the whole early release fiasco. No idea who thought of that, kind of obvious donators would be pissed off :P

Not sure what you mean, sorry. But during the Teachers and Airport batsus it was the same thing. Admins on this forum also had to step in on some hate comments left here back then...

I think the majority of donators acknowledge that most that money goes towards bandwidth costs etc. anyway. Legally unless they can fork out the licensing fees to NTV, they're not gonna be able to quit their day jobs distributing subs of the series, so the translators have stated that the donations are not to be seen as incentive for them to drop school/work. Also from reading the comments on the donation feed, quite a lot did so not just for the current content but also past content they enjoyed and continue to enjoy via repeats.

I think if the release dates on each part release feels too infuriating it's easier to just wait a year mid/late Spring ~ mid/late Spring, in Japan they wait a year to watch it on New Years (or some have exams/studying at that time and wait to watch a recording/repeat).
http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php ... 149#p52152
176 posts