Moya Moya Summers in Singapore (Nov 2012)

I found an episode of Moya Moya Summers wandering around in Singapore.
For any fans of Moya Moya Summers who are in Singapore (like me).
This was a pleasant surprise. And it was kinda recent too.
Unsubbed, but if anyone wants to sub, then I’ll be eternally greatful :D

[url:3ede09qe]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDc2OTEzNTg4.html[/url:3ede09qe] Part 1 on 18/11/2012
[url:3ede09qe]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgwMjI0NTM2.html[/url:3ede09qe] Part 2 on 25/11/2012

I really like Moya Summers, cause they show beautiful places, like the Yokohama SP, but I have to say, I really hate Otake and Mimura!! They are just…not funny, and they try so hard. Anyway, thanks for the links :clap:

Oh hi! I’m in Singapore too~

Thanks, I’m watching now!
It was mentioned that Summers came to Singapore in 2007 too for an episode…now I’m curious!

[quote="solari":h53uji82]
It was mentioned that Summers came to Singapore in 2007 too for an episode…now I’m curious![/quote:h53uji82]
Ah yea they did mention that. The little snippets of the 2007 one looks quite funny too. Will keep an eye out and see if I can find it too.

[quote="Arlekin":2pp8mpse]I really like Moya Summers, cause they show beautiful places, like the Yokohama SP, but I have to say, I really hate Otake and Mimura!! They are just…not funny, and they try so hard. Anyway, thanks for the links :clap:[/quote:2pp8mpse]
Well, humour is highly subjective. These guys are more laid back and it gives a pretty relaxing feeling overall. It’s just fun to listen to their banter.
Their version of humour is different from the Gaki cast I guess.

Yes, is subjective. But for example, the Gaki members, Miyazako, Hotohara, the guys in Gottsu ee Kanji, have the same humor. This two are quite different, but still, geinins for all tastes

My favourite part was when they visited Haw Par Villa and got stumped by the exhibits there :D
lol

An article about Haw Par Villa:

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/ ... -singapore

Hopefully I’ll get around to subbing these one day.
I was interested in doing these exactly because I thought there may be fans from Singapore who’d enjoy it.
More reason to do it now I guess, but don’t get too hopeful please haha
Maybe it’ll be subbed in 5 years time haha :P

Luckily, I am working on another Moya Moya episode right now though, except that’s based in Japan as well.

Hey Godzilla, You are the one who introduced me to moya moya with the episodes you subbed. It is now my girlfriend and I’s favorite show. Just wanted to say thanks. We knew about Mimura and Otake from Lincoln and other shows but I did not know about moya moya. I check your website everyday to see if you have any new vids posted :P Glad to hear you want to sub more. I’d love to see the LA special subbed. We now watch it every week and have watched almost all the episodes because of the 2 episodes I found almost a year ago.

Haha, same here. First Moya Moya Summers vid I watched was thanks to your subs.
Take all the time you need ^^
Glad to hear you’re working on another Moya Moya vid :D

you should watch GobuGobu.

[quote="andylau-fr":130ryygk]you should watch GobuGobu.[/quote:130ryygk]
Gobgobu is nice!
Although gobugobu is also a ‘walking around’ show, it is quite different in that it has little editing and no narration.

I watch Gobu Gobu, and enjoy it, but do not find it as entertaining as moya moya. The episodes have been better the last month or so, and my gf also told me about one with higashino and okamura I believe is called 旅猿. I always liked moya moya since they seem closer than hamada and higashino, also they do show a lot of local things, food, places to shop, test out funny toys they find, show obscure or historical or cultural stuff I never knew about and have on running gags like otake feeling left out, and mimura telling them to stop being so quiet while eating. Although most people won’t agree with me, I think it is one of the best Japanese shows currently running. I do watch Gobu Gobu every week as well and over the last month or so they have showed more things instead of dialogue and have been more enjoyable.

Moya Moya is definitely one of my favourite shows. There was a time when I downloaded all of the episodes from the past couple of years and went on a viewing binge.
I haven’t really been watching any Japanese shows now for several months, but I still enjoy Moya Moya. It’s a little different since Oe quit the show though.

I’m not really a fan of Gobu Gobu. It’s not bad, but I prefer the Summer’s interactions with the locals and how they make fun of things in a friendly or light hearted way.
As for Tabizaru, I couldn’t even sit through half an episode.

hi, I watch moya, gobu and tabizaru every week. I like them all but I think moya is my favourite.
because as godzillaradio sais "Summer’s interactions with the locals and how they make fun of things in a friendly or light hearted way"
and I like the girl too (more than oe). they interact with her in a quite "normal" way.
and also because they walk through tokyo in winter with reggae music, jeje

[quote="b1gtym1n":1chy6ppw]Godzilla, You are the one who introduced me to moya moya with the episodes you subbed.[/quote:1chy6ppw]
to me too! thanks godzilla radio for your subs! :bow:

tip: VISIT GODZILLARADIO’S BLOG!!