About the Police Batsu translation

Where they’re sleeping and the guy starts shouting "konya ga yamada", there’s one part where he says "Konya ga na mata (今夜かなまた)", and in the subtitle it says "Tonight’s #$%^. I tried translating it, but I haven’t gotten anything that makes sense. I’m hoping there’s at least one person who can understand the Japanese language and could translate it properly instead of stupid online translators getting me nowhere.

If there’s anybody who can help, thank you. If I’m a mega idiot for posting this, please tell me.

[quote="ypana3":ypbkdfat]Where they’re sleeping and the guy starts shouting "konya ga yamada", there’s one part where he says "Konya ga na mata (今夜かなまた)", and in the subtitle it says "Tonight’s #$%^. I tried translating it, but I haven’t gotten anything that makes sense. [b:ypbkdfat][u:ypbkdfat]I’m hoping there’s at least one person who can understand the Japanese language and could translate it[/u:ypbkdfat][/b:ypbkdfat] properly instead of stupid online translators getting me nowhere.

If there’s anybody who can help, thank you. If I’m a mega idiot for posting this, please tell me.[/quote:ypbkdfat]

whom do you think translated all those previous batus’s ?? :^)

don’t worry, just point out at what minute\frame that phrase comes up and one of the folk here will help you out

[img:3c15odoa]http://i.imgur.com/dMXbZCr.jpg[/img:3c15odoa]
No Laughing Police Station Disc 2 1:08:22. I know it’s pretty trivial, but the curiosity is driving me nuts!

[quote="ypana3":3li1ahsn][img:3li1ahsn]http://i.imgur.com/dMXbZCr.jpg[/img:3li1ahsn]
No Laughing Police Station Disc 2 1:08:22. I know it’s pretty trivial, but the curiosity is driving me nuts![/quote:3li1ahsn]

it says namada not namata… still don´t understand though;D

I don’t know Japanese but just from looking things up I think the "da" is just a sentence ending particle which means its a statement/affirmity for emphasis (apparently an informal "desu"). So it’s maybe the "nama" that is relevant? Here’s some dictionary results.

[b:4xqt47fd][url=http://jisho.org/:4xqt47fd]Jisho[/url:4xqt47fd][/b:4xqt47fd]

[quote:4xqt47fd] なま 1: raw; uncooked; fresh;
2: natural; unedited; unprocessed; crude;
3:
4: (Colloquialism) unprotected (i.e. not wearing a condom);
5: live (i.e. not recorded);
6: inexperienced; unpolished; green;
7: (Abbreviation) impudence; sauciness;
8: (Abbreviation) unpasteurized beer; draft beer; draught beer; (Prefix) partially; somewhat; half-; semi-[/quote:4xqt47fd]

[b:4xqt47fd][url=http://ejje.weblio.jp:4xqt47fd]Ejje[/url:4xqt47fd][/b:4xqt47fd] (For people in Japan learning English).

[quote:4xqt47fd]
[b:4xqt47fd]1. 生の[/b:4xqt47fd]

〈料理しない〉 raw 《meat》; uncooked 《cabbage》

〈未加工の〉 raw; crude

e.g.
生で食べる
eat 《fish》 raw.

[b:4xqt47fd]2. 〈十分でない〉
生の[/b:4xqt47fd]

〈熟していない〉 unripe 《fruit》; green 《bananas》

〈生焼け・生煮えの〉 half‐done; underdone

〈経験の浅い〉 inexperienced; 《口語》 green.

[b:4xqt47fd]3. 〈録音や録画ではない〉
生の音楽[/b:4xqt47fd]

live music.

[b:4xqt47fd]4. 〈作為のない〉 [/b:4xqt47fd]

生の情報
first‐hand information

生の統計
raw statistics.

[b:4xqt47fd]5. 〈生意気〉
用例 [/b:4xqt47fd]
生を言うな. None of your cheek![/quote:4xqt47fd]

[quote="soudou":12hfwztn]I don’t know Japanese but just from looking things up I think the "da" is just a sentence ending particle which means its a statement/affirmity for emphasis (apparently an informal "desu"). So it’s maybe the "nama" that is relevant? Here’s some dictionary results.

[b:12hfwztn][url=http://jisho.org/:12hfwztn]Jisho[/url:12hfwztn][/b:12hfwztn]

[quote:12hfwztn] なま 1: raw; uncooked; fresh;
2: natural; unedited; unprocessed; crude;
3:
4: (Colloquialism) unprotected (i.e. not wearing a condom);
5: live (i.e. not recorded);
6: inexperienced; unpolished; green;
7: (Abbreviation) impudence; sauciness;
8: (Abbreviation) unpasteurized beer; draft beer; draught beer; (Prefix) partially; somewhat; half-; semi- [/quote:12hfwztn][/quote:12hfwztn]

I think it is 4. "TONIGHT is unprotected (sex)". I think it is the funnier out of all the translations. Especially since the particle ‘ga’ emphasises that TONIGHT there will be unprotected sex (WEHEY!! ;) ). Could be heard as any of them… But I think they laughed because of 4.

"Nama" definitely means raw, live etc. but you are just putting way too much thought into this.
They are just messing around with the phrase to make the members laugh, justlike with "Honya ga yama da" ("Bookstore is a mountain"), "Konya ga yama da-ffun" and all the other strange variations.

Bit late to the party, but:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2647

Most of your answers here.

Dude had five minutes of fame for the ‘Konya ga yamada’ catchphrase. The mispronunciations were pretty funny, but I think it was up to the guys’ own interpretations as well; especially since in the end they weren’t even sure what had been said, they just knew what they thought they’d heard. I laughed so hard when I saw the subtitles as ‘konya ga nama da’ (Tonight is raw) - which is what the translator assumed to be raw sex. Quite right.

Awesome scene in the Police Batsu.