ライセンス - Licence, about them

Hi, I hope this isn’t redundant.

I loved watching the recent Tanaka snaps episodes (with his sad life, and with the watermelons). I enjoyed Licence here, and I assume with them appearing more often recently that they are primed to replace Matsumoto and Hamada in the batsu games, etc. Do you think so?

I was wondering how long they’ve been around. When did they start showing up?

It’s made up of Inomoto Takafumi and Fujiwara Kazuhiro. I know they formed in 1996, and are currently about 34 years old, making them juniors to Tanaka, etc.

Does Kazu have a nickname, since his family name is the same as their former manager?

I am happy with them so far. What do you think?

– 04.02.2013, 15:49 –

Here is the wiki link in Japanese if you’re interested:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ライセンス (お笑いコンビ)

Kazuhiro Fujiwara, my favourite, is also known as Vacuum Fujiwara due to his ability to eat large amounts and/or unappetising types of food.

[quote="dael":v9zvjfck]Hi, I hope this isn’t redundant.

I loved watching the recent Tanaka snaps episodes (with his sad life, and with the watermelons). I enjoyed Licence here, and I assume with them appearing more often recently that they are primed to replace Matsumoto and Hamada in the batsu games, etc. Do you think so?

It’s made up of Takashi Imoto and Kazuhiro Fujiwara. I know they formed in 1996, and are currently about 34 years old, making them juniors to Tanaka, etc.

Does Kazu have a nickname, since his family name is the same as their former manager?

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ライセンス (お笑いコンビ)[/quote:v9zvjfck]

I have a hard time believing that they would replace Downtown in the batsu games. It is their "thing" and it would never be the same without them. If they where to add some other members to the games I would more like to see Miyasako and his duo-companion (forgot his name). Imagine Miyasako´s face when he has to stand up to slaps and tai kicks;D There is something about him that makes me snigger with glee whenever he is faced with something unconfortable;D

You’re right, it won’t be the same without Downtown. Hotohara and Miyasako are already on Lincoln, so I think they would want another duo to replace them on the batsu, just to keep the productions separate. Don’t forget that Miyasako is recovering from a health crisis himself, and it might be better to bring in the young blood to keep the show going.

If Ame also were to "retire" at 50, then they would only have 7 or 8 years on the show, causing another shakeup. I think License would be the natural successor to Downtown due to the sempai relationship, but I don’t think they could be very funny. Yamazaki is aging as well, I think if Hotohara replaced him just for the batsu, it might also be good. There’s just something about Hotohara that makes me laugh, I have a friend who reminds me of him. She doesn’t know it.

There’s nothing wrong with having 6 in the batsu. They would only have to come up with a new costume style for the sixth man. We could be seeing Ame, Cocorico and License together in a few years’ time.

did downtown announced theire retirement RE on batsu games? if they were to retire, i think licence will take thier place as they are semi-regular to the show. Ameyagari are only guess so i dont really think they will be replacing downtown. but if gaki were to annouce retirement of downtown on batsu games i think the whole batsu game series will be over and a new show/series will replace them instead, kinda similar to when they ended Downtown no Gottsu Ee Kanji.

Errr…I think if Downtown retired, the whole show would end. Seriously.
It’s their show, hence why it’s "Downtown’s" Gaki no Tsukai blah blah
Besides, how the heck are you supposed to replace Downtown? Both symbolically and quality wise?

License as far as I’m aware have been opening acts for GnT for a long time and will remain that way.

What GodzillaRadio said. There’s just no way anyone can replace Downtown to take over their show let alone the batsu games. Once they retire from Gaki no Tsukai, the batsu games will go along with them.

Thought about this before though, who can actually replace Downtown on the top? Don’t really see any comedians considered as high up or even as close to Downtown. Can’t imagine anyone else at their spot.

I could see them continuing the batsu games if they still worked as staff or made cameos. Back in the early games (like Police or High School) only one of the the two participated since they had a preliminary game to choose the "losers" (and even before those they made bets about something and the loser did a solo batsu like the Pie Hell).
In some ways it could be refreshing as Hamada could unleash his sadistic plans and Matsumoto could come up with some really absurd skits, but I simply can’t imagine the waiting room scenes (drawer checking, lunch times etc.) with only Cocorico and Yamazaki.

Unless theres a copyright thing, I think there’s nothing stopping other acts doing "24 hour batsu games". The fact they don’t may mean those acts themselves don’t have the same interest in doing them? If the GnT cast were to retire from the extended batsu games then it could be more appropriate if a new cast did their own show on the theme instead. Members of GNT could also be invited over on occassion. Yamasaki was on another variety show in 2011 as a guest on a [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gPKcyGivrbI#t=371s:3qdqq8e5]"batsu experiments" special[/url:3qdqq8e5] for example.

I agree with the above about Downtown. As for Yamasaki, he and Cocorico aren’t that far apart in age really in the big picture (Cocorico born 1971, Yamasaki 1968) and it’d be tough to imagine the dynamic of the cast without him or Cocorico as well. If they were all replaced then I don’t know if it’d be the same show, so in effect it might be better if it was another show altogether. :D

It’s funny though I just yesterday stumbled across an old 2002 episode (#599) where each member of the cast received a random injury and get replaced. :rofl: Here’s the moments where they are replaced clipped together:

[video:3qdqq8e5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuArXwCb3zQ[/video:3qdqq8e5]
Full Episode: http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video … 3%E3%82%B3

I don’t mean that Downtown would retire, but they said at the end of Enthusiastic teachers that they wanted to pass it to the younger comedians. I think Hamada and Matsumoto will get involved in the creative process and tear the other comedians apart in the games.

Actually, I think the new years games will be much more interesting and funny with Downtown running the show.

What is the name I keep hearing for young comedians? Keishi Gomu? I saw it translated once as eraser corner. Is this a nickname for juniors?

Also, thank you to whoever moved this thread to the proper forum.

Id rather see Arashi replacing them … Matsumoto already made jokes about that

Well, it would be interesting if Downtown were running the events. It will be a slap fest if Hamada appeared.

I’ve never heard keshi gomu (yeah eraser) as referring to juniors lol.

Please no to Arashi…the show is just going to get soft to suit idol treatment.
Although their group relationships are fairly funny, please, just no. They’re no comedians.

In both of last year’s ‘Tanaka snaps’ episodes he was calling Licence Keishi Gomu, I’ve heard it before by other comedians as well. Mysterious!

[quote="GodzillaRadio":2n68drn0]Although their group relationships are fairly funny, please, just no. They’re no comedians.[/quote:2n68drn0]

That was a joke … even Matsumoto once said (jokingly) that Arashi should take over the Batsu game

[quote="dael":20cj2ni4]In both of last year’s ‘Tanaka snaps’ episodes he was calling Licence Keishi Gomu, I’ve heard it before by other comedians as well. Mysterious![/quote:20cj2ni4]
he was calling licence AND keishi gomu

[quote="dael":blk55tdg]Hi, I hope this isn’t redundant.

It’s made up of Takashi Imoto and Kazuhiro Fujiwara. I know they formed in 1996, and are currently about 34 years old, making them juniors to Tanaka, etc.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ライセンス (お笑いコンビ)[/quote:blk55tdg]

I’m not sure if it has been corrected but his name is Inomoto Takafumi

[quote="Deflow":23wo5gx0]
he was calling licence AND keishi gomu[/quote:23wo5gx0]

So what’s with the keishi gomu reference? Who or what is that? :P

– 11.02.2013, 11:53 –

I just watched an episode from 2006 (gaki vs tensuo) where they were off to the side doing a vanah white thing. So I assume they’ve been working on staff for at least that long.

[quote="dael":3j4u9x30][quote="Deflow":3j4u9x30]
he was calling licence AND keishi gomu[/quote:3j4u9x30][/quote:3j4u9x30]

So what’s with the keishi gomu reference? Who or what is that? :P

/quote]

Would you be able to tell me specifically a scene where he says this? So that I can check.

I think Tanaka’s just calling people keisihi gomu. In Gaki No Tsukai episode #1099 at the 13:40 mark (lemme know if you need a stream link), Tanaka called the staffu person keishi gomu. Not entirely sure but from what I remember he also called License using keishi gomu in one of the episodes similar to the one I mentioned.

If I manage to find it I’ll post it up.

Actually License has been a part of the show way bey before they were shown.
They attend the tapings each week & have for years.

9ine