No Laughing Airport 2011 - the "Blacklist" discussion

I know there was one for the Newspaper Agency batsu game but that one was poorly subbed… I got to watching last year’s Airport game and I’m up to the "Blacklist" discussion where they list reasons as to why Downtown and company are "banned" from flying on GAS…

But anyway, are these stories made up or are they true? One guy mentions Hamada buying the wrong size boots for his son and Hamada looked genuinely frustrated. When it gets to the last guy (I have no idea who these people are, I’m sorry) he mentions a story about a comedian and a woman going to a bar, but as he speaks the name of the woman is censored and where he goes with her is as well. When the audience and the five hear it, however, they go crazy. What’s supposed to be going on here?

Its not true the stories, however they do bend real stories and mix in their own flair at times.

I haven’t seen this in a while so I’m just thinking off the top of my head, but that’s the segment where they have a bunch of comedians tell embarrassing stories about each other so I would say for the most part the stories are true but embellished a little as DABhand says. All those guys you see are comedians, geinin, and the story about one of them hooking up with some chick, I’d just assume the name is censored for privacy (whether or not the woman in the story was a celebrity or not) and the place they went to or what they did was censored because it was inappropriate for TV. Your guess is as good as mine but you can tell from the reaction of the other guys it must have been a pretty good story.

Actually, as I’m typing this, I think I might remember the story. I believe it was a comedian named mimata, 三又, I believe he’s part of Takeshi’s army (Kitano takeshi the director and of takeshi’s castle fame) and the story, if I’m not mistaken, was about him getting a female junior comedian drunk and trying to take her to a hotel or something. I’m pretty sure that was the story.

I got to watching the Airport game last week and thought it was hilarious, especially Yamasaki trying to lie about his name and Egashira slapping that guy out of nowhere… but I’ve always hated these "blacklist" discussions. Maybe it’s a cultural thing, I don’t know…

The ‘blacklist discussion’ is somewhat of a tradition in the Japanese entertainment world. Matsumoto has (had?) his own TV show dedicated to these stories, where he would have a large table of comedians doing exactly the same as they do in the batsu games, but on a larger scale. Some of the comedians can really spin a good yarn. But sometimes watching a whole half hour or an hour is a little bit tedious, I must admit.

For reference, the show was called "(Hitoshi Matsumoto no) Suberanai Hanashi". The specials are pretty good though, even if they are long. Not sure if they have got, or will ever get, subtitles. It is pretty speech heavy. And mostly in kansai dialect.

[quote="UncleChan":19lo6i21]For reference, the show was called "(Hitoshi Matsumoto no) Suberanai Hanashi". The specials are pretty good though, even if they are long. Not sure if they have got, or will ever get, subtitles. It is pretty speech heavy. And mostly in kansai dialect.[/quote:19lo6i21]

They’ve been kindly posted by GodzillaRadio in the "Other" videos section of the forum (with Subs).

[quote="soudou":qws5r5ts][quote="UncleChan":qws5r5ts]For reference, the show was called "(Hitoshi Matsumoto no) Suberanai Hanashi". The specials are pretty good though, even if they are long. Not sure if they have got, or will ever get, subtitles. It is pretty speech heavy. And mostly in kansai dialect.[/quote:qws5r5ts]

They’ve been kindly posted by GodzillaRadio in the "Other" videos section of the forum (with Subs).[/quote:qws5r5ts]

Here’s some of what soudou is talking about: [url:qws5r5ts]http://www.shibatabread.com/[/url:qws5r5ts]

The top story is one of them and the others are just a bit lower down.

Some of the stories are definitely based on true stories, but the most of them are exaggarated. For example, Endou’s troubles with the alphabet occurred in some Batsu Game, but he didn’t do everything the "information provider" said he did.

[quote="UncleChan":z7q5pfd6]The ‘blacklist discussion’ is somewhat of a tradition in the Japanese entertainment world. Matsumoto has (had?) his own TV show dedicated to these stories, where he would have a large table of comedians doing exactly the same as they do in the batsu games, but on a larger scale.
For reference, the show was called "(Hitoshi Matsumoto no) Suberanai Hanashi". .[/quote:z7q5pfd6]
The only similar thing between these two is that there are comedians who tell stories. Subarabai Hanashi is about telling true stories in random order that are guaranteed to get laughs (or not to "slip-up", suberu) from everybody, but the blacklist discussions are made specifically (ie. most likely scripted) to make the quintet laugh (and therefore receive punishment) with humiliating stories that have more or less exaggareted punchlines.
Even if the end result in both is the same (everybody in the room laughing), the means are somewhat different.

/
| Man, you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about do you.

All the stories are true, that’s why they’re funny. That’s why the ones accused always look so embarrassed. That’s why they have to censor some of the names.

And the Mimata Matazo story isn’t even that big considering what goes around the Geinin world. Just look at this year’s Endou.

What I understand about this "Blacklist" discussion is that, those are updated true stories with humor. Or half meant true.