There will be a 2013 Batsu Game?

I´m really worried about the question if there will be a new batsu game this year. So…the subject is simple. If someone has the aswer, please tell me.

I would imagine there would be. They get huge ratings, hence advertisers pay lots of money, hence the station makes money. And someone more knowledgeable correct me if I’m wrong here, but I believe it’s becoming something of a new-years tradition for many households. Ring in the new year with laughs.

Which, if you think about it, is definitely a great way to start a new year!

Yeah, Totally agree! (y)
The point that made my doubt is that, in the last year, i was able to find some news about the 2012 new year airport batsu. But this year im not finding nothing bout any batsu being filmed or something. And we´re allready in september. Well, i hope that theres a 2013 new year batsu game, but im still in doubt.

I hope there will be but you are right the lack of news is worrying. But as "Whackjob" stated it has become a tradition so I don’t think they would just stop doing it, i would image they would of announced that last year one was the last if it was.

Yeah, sure! Theres the tradition involved. But even so, if someone has a evidence, some news about this. Then my normal fan curiosity would be satisfied. Thats wt im looking for. But thanks for the aswer, is nice to see that are real fans here helping each other. Thank u so much!

If there is one this year, and by god I hope so, I also hope that everyone is in tip-top shape, not newly gone through surgery or some such. I want to see everyone suffer equally;D

I hope they do at least one more 24 hour Batsu Game before they retire from old age blah blah blah.

So, this year Downtown will make their 30ºth aniversary, i guess if will be made some special event for this. It should be funny! HAHAHA

[quote="Gaki-Fan":2iqrl05o]I hope they do at least one more 24 hour Batsu Game before they retire from old age blah blah blah.[/quote:2iqrl05o]

Hamada and Matsumoto are aged 50 and 49* (Matsumoto birthday is in September atm. The normal age of retirement in japan is 60 years old like most country’s (used to be 55 years old.) However retirement works quite differently in japan then other places. To retire in japan usually means to go back to work but as a part time deal instead of full-time. So They still have a good few year ahead of them. (presuming they don’t retire earlier at their own accord.) If I remember correctly they did a talk about 10 years ago about how they would like to continue doing comedian for as long as they could, they even made a sketch about it if I remember correctly. (this was just Hamada and Matsumoto though.)

Lately Matsumoto just tries to find the perfect excuse to escape from batsu game:

2 years ago he said that (music boy-group) Arashi should substitute them, and last year he said he wanted to release a CD or a successful song so he would be granted with an invitation to [i:1gxg75us]Kohaku uta gassen[/i:1gxg75us] instead (famous music contest that airs at the same time as GNT Special does).

Of course he’s avoiding his fate, as deep down they all enjoy the game as well as the inner rivalries to avoid the punishment.

They are still getting good ratings, and even if Matsumoto says that he wants to avoid it I’m sure he enjoys it anyway :rofl:
Sure they are getting old but still coming up with crazy gaki no tsukai-episodes every week, no problem!
A batsu 2013? No doubt about it!

[quote="Freekill98":1b8m1ata][quote="Gaki-Fan":1b8m1ata]I hope they do at least one more 24 hour Batsu Game before they retire from old age blah blah blah.[/quote:1b8m1ata]

Hamada and Matsumoto are aged 50 and 48 (Matsumoto birthday is in September atm. The normal age of retirement in japan is 60 years old like most country’s (used to be 55 years old.) However retirement works quite differently in japan then other places. To retire in japan usually means to go back to work but as a part time deal instead of full-time. So They still have a good few year ahead of them. (presuming they don’t retire earlier at their own accord.) If I remember correctly they did a talk about 10 years ago about how they would like to continue doing comedian for as long as they could, they even made a sketch about it if I remember correctly. (this was just Hamada and Matsumoto though.)[/quote:1b8m1ata]

Eh? Aren´t they the same age??? I thought it was only a few months between them??

[quote="Sefidum":3uu3itnp][quote="Freekill98":3uu3itnp][quote="Gaki-Fan":3uu3itnp]I hope they do at least one more 24 hour Batsu Game before they retire from old age blah blah blah.[/quote:3uu3itnp]

Hamada and Matsumoto are aged 50 and 48 (Matsumoto birthday is in September atm. The normal age of retirement in japan is 60 years old like most country’s (used to be 55 years old.) However retirement works quite differently in japan then other places. To retire in japan usually means to go back to work but as a part time deal instead of full-time. So They still have a good few year ahead of them. (presuming they don’t retire earlier at their own accord.) If I remember correctly they did a talk about 10 years ago about how they would like to continue doing comedian for as long as they could, they even made a sketch about it if I remember correctly. (this was just Hamada and Matsumoto though.)[/quote:3uu3itnp]

Eh? Aren´t they the same age??? I thought it was only a few months between them??[/quote:3uu3itnp]

Oh lol my bad must of pressed wrong number. Matsumoto is indeed 49*, his birthday is on the 8 of September which would make him 50 meaning same year as Hamada

I don’t think they announced last year’s no-laughing batsu until November or December.

[quote="Sefidum":imgjs2s1]If there is one this year, and by god I hope so, I also hope that everyone is in tip-top shape, not newly gone through surgery or some such. I want to see everyone suffer equally;D[/quote:imgjs2s1]

yeah true. Wasn’t the same with Matsumoto injured. Still got plenty of laughs though :D

I hope they do another one this year, but I highly doubt they will do anything like the 24 Tag battle, basically anything that physically demanding, cuz i cant see them running around like that in their age. I would love to see them do something like Matsumoto’s Haunted Hotel but with all 4 of them, or maybe even have a competition like they used too so that 3 of them are part of the batsu and one is the evil mastermind in the back. I think those batsu games were the funniest.

If they’re making the same kind of jokes again like the last 2 years i probably don’t want to see this. No creative ideas anymore. :worried:

Let us hope not…

I can’t believe we’re already nearing the end of the year again.

Realistically speaking, yes there will be one, because of money.
As I’ve already suggested for last year’s batsu game however (on a boat/cruise ship), they should something very different this year.

[quote="GAKINOBRA":3c98tq41]So, this year Downtown will make their 30ºth aniversary, i guess if will be made some special event for this. It should be funny! HAHAHA[/quote:3c98tq41]

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if, at the end of the show, they’d announce their retirement from these kind of batsu games and just continue doing normal shows like Hey!x3 (yes, I know that one is coming to an end too).

[quote="Ap2000":1tdp6vtu]I can’t believe we’re already nearing the end of the year again.

Realistically speaking, yes there will be one, because of money.
As I’ve already suggested for last year’s batsu game however (on a boat/cruise ship), they should something very different this year.

[quote="GAKINOBRA":1tdp6vtu]So, this year Downtown will make their 30ºth aniversary, i guess if will be made some special event for this. It should be funny! HAHAHA[/quote:1tdp6vtu]

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if, at the end of the show, they’d announce their retirement from these kind of batsu games and just continue doing normal shows like Hey!x3 (yes, I know that one is coming to an end too).[/quote:1tdp6vtu]

NoooOOoooOoooo ;)