Your suggestions to make the site better

Directory of COMPLETED subtitle files

Re: Your suggestions to make the site better

Postby Kamran » 27.12.2011, 23:30

Maybe you could have someone check all the posts once a month because 1 of 3 videos are broken links.
Kamran

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby iniquiti » 28.12.2011, 00:54

Kamran wrote:Maybe you could have someone check all the posts once a month because 1 of 3 videos are broken links.

I started doing that (ahem, last year) but work took over. Unfortunately for you members, work is a priority for me in comparison to updating other member's link threads. I'll have free time soon. Or maybe another mod can take over *nudge nudge* :lol:
iniquiti
MROW (◕‿◕✿)
MROW (◕‿◕✿)

Have thanks: 214 times

Postby drVagax » 04.01.2012, 16:38

I used to work with the same forum software before and i think it is possible but.. a limit on the max size of a picture in your signature, some posters have a very large picture in their signature and they could get annoying when you are reading a page and you need to scroll all the time since of all these huge pictures
drVagax

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby Fengson » 05.01.2012, 22:23

Progress bar for subbing the 2012 Batsu?
It would help other members keep on cheering for out beloved subbers! Plus, it would hopefully eliminate millions of millions of questions about the actual progress :)
Fengson
Addict
Addict

Have thanks: 145 times

Postby Kanzaki » 05.01.2012, 23:16

Fengson wrote:Progress bar for subbing the 2012 Batsu?
It would help other members keep on cheering for out beloved subbers! Plus, it would hopefully eliminate millions of millions of questions about the actual progress :)

That's up to zurui! You guys will have to ask him to make such a progress bar ;)
Kanzaki
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

Have thanks: 803 times

Postby iniquiti » 06.01.2012, 01:51

drVagax wrote:I used to work with the same forum software before and i think it is possible but.. a limit on the max size of a picture in your signature, some posters have a very large picture in their signature and they could get annoying when you are reading a page and you need to scroll all the time since of all these huge pictures

Done 8)

For this message the author iniquiti has received thanks:
drVagax(06.01.2012, 11:26)
iniquiti
MROW (◕‿◕✿)
MROW (◕‿◕✿)

Have thanks: 214 times

Postby hand » 16.01.2012, 21:57

Could you activate/add the [spoiler] BBcode? For bigger releases with alot of files/links it would make the post alot clearer and structured.
hand
Awesome Contributor *
Awesome Contributor *

Have thanks: 1324 times

Postby drVagax » 17.01.2012, 21:27

In case it gets accepted
Here is the code

Code: Select all
BBCode:
[spoiler]{TEXT}[/spoiler]

HTML:
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle"><input class="button2 btnlite" type="button" value="Show" style="text-align:center;width:100px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';      this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT}</div></div></div>

Helpline:
Spoiler: [spoiler]Hidden text here[/spoiler]
drVagax

Postby Kanzaki » 17.01.2012, 21:54

Click here:
DONE! Thanks for the suggestion hand, and special thanks to drVagax for making the feature easier for me to implement ;)

For this message the author Kanzaki has received thanks: 3
grindorth(17.01.2012, 22:04), hand(17.01.2012, 23:00), MiseryMachine(18.01.2012, 02:57)
Kanzaki
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

Postby hand » 17.01.2012, 23:00

Is this great?
yes it is!

thanks
hand
Awesome Contributor *
Awesome Contributor *

Have thanks: 1324 times

Postby grindorth » 18.01.2012, 02:23

after the whole gamecenter thing I was about to request but...

hand beat me to it awesome
grindorth
Contributor
Contributor

Have thanks: 93 times

Postby jinkazama666 » 18.01.2012, 16:35

I visit a lot of forums in my free time and I must say that this forum is a real gem. I do love phpbb software and the whole layout so its a good choice of platform.

Being a new member , I dont think my suggestions hold much weight but I'll just put them here anyway :)

First thing ,I would definitely like to see posts not being "auto merged" if you get what I mean. I think it confuses the hell out of people when you post a mile long message quoting different people at the same time. Also , the ones that want to quote my reply will have to eliminate all the other replies in my quoted message manually and this too can get a bit frustrating. In my opinion, we should encourage members to interact more with each other and form a bond and such things really slows its down. Its only via member interaction that any forum can grow. Of course , if you are keeping it for technical issues, there is no harm. Maybe it helps prevent spamming and thread bumping e.t.c.

Also , the chatbox and that "Where do all the members come from banner " all look very messy and is making the home page of the website look very clustered. It would be nice if you can provide the chatbox on a separate page. As far as a forum is concerned , chatbox really serves little purpose.

Cheers! :)
jinkazama666
Lurker

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Kanzaki » 18.01.2012, 17:02

Thanks for your suggestions jinkazama, I like the "auto merged" idea. In fact it can be useful to see the context of the quote, but on the other hand it confuses the reader. Let us see what the other think about it?

And about the chatbox: Making it on another page really isn't in our plans :) I never heard anyone complaining about it tbh, I don't really see your point.
About the Gaki worldmap: some think it might slow down the main page. I persoally never had any lag because of it, but I think we'll make a poll about it and see what's what. ;)

Thank you again for your time !
Kanzaki
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

Postby drVagax » 20.01.2012, 23:18

Since i use Forum Runner a lot i was thinking why such a large community like this not have http://www.forumrunner.net/ installed?
Would love if you guys would add it so my phone won't take forever to load a page with all the gifs and stuff
drVagax

Postby Kanzaki » 21.01.2012, 00:01

drVagax wrote:Since i use Forum Runner a lot i was thinking why such a large community like this not have http://www.forumrunner.net/ installed?
Would love if you guys would add it so my phone won't take forever to load a page with all the gifs and stuff

We have Tapatalk installed. I don't know if ForumRunner is widely used or not?
Kanzaki
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
FUFUFU~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

PreviousNext

Return to Completed