Former member of the show

Hey guys nice site.
Name’s Craig I used to be a member of the show for a few years.
Didn’t know Gaki had such a worldwide fan base.

[quote="9ine":31vhcdmu]I used to be a member of the show for a few years.[/quote:31vhcdmu]

What? :o
What did you do there?

Oh, and hi, nice to meet you by the way :)

haha i know. he just said it so casually. welcome Craig, now you have some explaining to do. u can’t just say something like that n walk away ;)

I should use my time wisely for learnin’ and stuff… but this caught my attention. Wtf is going on :D?
This is more bizarre then the post about how Matsumoto and Tanaka are supposedly getting caught between legs.
Could you please enlighten us :)?

I used to be one of the characters on the show. You may notice in some of the episodes a film crew of black guys that tell them to do really funny stuff. That was my character. It wasn’t major but I did the role for about 5 years in maybe 15 to 20 episodes.

Cool. Must of been fun to be up close to the cast and such.

We are indeed a varied bunch across the world here, I’m from the UK. A lot of us can’t understand Japanese but we have some very awesome and generous people here who donate time to translate episodes and the annual 24hr batsu shows to other languages so we can laugh along to the jokes. Though we can still laugh along to the jokes or games that are more about physical humour or visual gags either way.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here.

also the one on the batsu games (Matsumoto Haunted Batsu and Onsen Batsu Game)?
maybe u have some "back stage secret" or stuffs to share :stuck_out_tongue:

The African film crew with the cue cards?

Holy shiit :rofl:

Yeah I can’t give up a lot of secrets, it’s a bit taboo.
I can tell you the show is like a family.
We tape all day so theirs plenty of stuff that gets cut each week.
I’ve even taped & was totally cut because of so much better funny stuff.

– 22.02.2013, 15:51 –

Actually those were the first Batsu games…

[quote="suzakuryuu":ms1cd9bk]also the one on the batsu games (Matsumoto Haunted Batsu and Onsen Batsu Game)?
maybe u have some "back stage secret" or stuffs to share :p[/quote:ms1cd9bk]

Have you ever been to to their new years party?

Yep I think I went at least twice.
This was some of the occasions we went but wasn’t on screen.

[quote="9ine":2rxqbvq2]Hey guys nice site.
Didn’t know Gaki had such a worldwide fan base.[/quote:2rxqbvq2]

Hello Craig, it’s great to have you in here!
Yes, Gaki has a big fanbase outside Japan and we hope one day they’ll notice.

It’s wonderful to have you here Craig! Like Kanzaki said Gaki has a large fanbase outside of Japan. Would you care to make a thread sharing some of your personal experiences with us? I’m sure a lot of people would love to hear what you have to say.

Yes, maybe you can start with how each Gaki member is like off camera. Are they friends off-screen? I know Matsumoto and Hamada are not friends but are they really tense off-screen? Is Yamasaki really hated by the staff(I believe it is a running joke but…)?

No obligation though.

quote="jonnyboi":h7r6pyblI know Matsumoto and Hamada are not friends but are they really tense off-screen? Is Yamasaki really hated by the staff(…)[/quote:h7r6pybl]

Matsumoto and Hamada are not friends? I think, that it might be the other way around. They are good buddies, who know eachother since school. Behind the camera, when in the studio or in front of the camera, they might not talk much, because they could speak on a basis, nobody but them would understand.

I think, that Yamazaki is not hated by the staff. It’s just part of the show. Same as Tanaka and his exaggerated anxiety. Just show.

hmmm if they are truly friends then why did Matsumoto avoided Hamada when they, coincidently, went to Guam for holiday separately and Matsumoto spotted Hamada there.

Possibly because Hamada was with his family and Matsumoto didn’t want to disturb them?

[quote="9ine":1bg1crki]Hey guys nice site.
Didn’t know Gaki had such a worldwide fan base.[/quote:1bg1crki]

this is awesome welcome and enjoy your stay

edit: I checked on the gaki imdb and he is not on there weird

Matsumoto doesn’t even have Hamada’s number. If you watched the 500 Hamada questions Gaki episode, the end where they both were alone in the same room was so awkward. Hamada kept trying to talk and be friendly to Matsumoto but Matsumoto wasn’t replying and had this weird/awkward grin instead most of the time.

They’ve been together for what? Almost 40 years now? Seeing someone almost every day for the past 40 years takes its toll on the relationship and not to mention having someone hit you on the head for that long isn’t fun lol.

I think the feelings are mostly coming from Matsumoto though rather than the other way around cause like he said in his documentary, some days he just dislikes Hamada so much while Hamada tries to approach/be more friendly to Matsumoto more.

Matsumoto blatantly said during the Enthusiastic Teachers that the time of the year he hates most is when he is left alone with Hamada near the end of Batsu Game.

It’s apparently pretty common with such long-lasting professional partnerships. Penn & Teller and Adam & Jamie (from Mythbusters) have said the same thing.