Looking for Downtown No Gaki in America...PLZ help!

Hope I’m posting this in the right spot, just been trying to locate the box set or however it comes I just want the show on DVD with English subs. Can only seem to find it on cdjapan.com and that won’t be compatible with my DVD player as I’m in America. However I got to do it, would love some help as I am in LOVE with this show! Thanks so much in advance.

The show isn’t officially available subtitled. All the non-Japanese subtitles available were created by fans. You may find that some subtitle files for the No-Laughing batsu games are compatible as some of them are timed to fit DVD rips, but otherwise you’re out of luck, sorry! The only way you’d have them on DVD is working out how to copy the existing fansubbed videos to DVD yourself, which is out of my area of expertise.

Anyway, you can buy the official non-subtitled DVDs on CDJapan. YesAsia has them too. They are region-2 DVDs; I believe the US is Region 1 so you’ll need a multi-region DVD player. (I believe many models can have a code put into them to unlock the regions but again, I’m no expert on this) There are a [i:pflfilnt]lot[/i:pflfilnt] of Gaki DVDs; I am building my own collection veeeery slowly. The official NTV online store (there’s a link somewhere on this forum if you search for it) has all the DVDs available at a discount if you have a proxy buyer and a spare $1500 or so. ^^;

I still think it’d be awesome if they put English subtitles on future DVD releases, especially the No-Laughing game releases, similar to recent anime Blu-ray discs. But at this stage, as far as I know, if you find anyone selling Gaki DVDs with English subtitles, they’re using fans’ hard work for their own profit and you should tell them where to put it lol

Good luck!

Oh I think I’ll cry! discovered this show on a streaming web site a while back and i HAVE TO HAVE this D:< hmmm wheels are turning, i will find a way :P anywho thanks a mill for the info!