Christian signs...

I have noticed in several of the batsu and some more that Endo does the christian cross sign (whatever it is called in english) from time to time. In hotel man and in the janken tournament to mention some. Is he christian or why does he do that?

do you mean "x" or "+"

X=no
+=ward of demons

Yep. He is just giving the sign for "no", "incorrect", "wrong", etc…

In Japan the X (cross) especially in game show situations mean the above. Conversely the O (circle) means "yes", "correct", "right", etc…

no, he does the sign of the cross, the same one you use in chuch

Three possibilities:

1. He is a Christian (there is a decent number of them in Japan after all)
  2. He isn’t a Christian but likes the idea of the hand gesture (I have no basis for this theory except that Japanese Shinto/Buddhism allow for mixing and matching and Christian weddings are very popular)
  3. In Hotel Man, trying to appease the Out-o Angel so he doesn’t suffer the same gruesome fate XD

[quote="paichu":w0kmdhz7]Three possibilities:

1. He is a Christian (there is a decent number of them in Japan after all)
  2. He isn’t a Christian but likes the idea of the hand gesture (I have no basis for this theory except that Japanese Shinto/Buddhism allow for mixing and matching and Christian weddings are very popular)
  3. In Hotel Man, trying to appease the Out-o Angel so he doesn’t suffer the same gruesome fate XD[/quote:w0kmdhz7]

Nr 3 made me laugh out loud;D

[quote="Sefidum":2w9v70u3]no, he does the sign of the cross, the same one you use in chuch[/quote:2w9v70u3]

You mean the one where you touch your nipples and your forehead or whatever? Screenshot?

[quote="Sefidum":rdqigxvu]no, he does the sign of the cross, the same one you use in chuch[/quote:rdqigxvu]

I’ve never seen him do that …

please take a screen shot and post it here, otherwise we cannot help you.

but from what I remember Endo shozo’s family are not christian …

I don’t think there are any religious connotation intended by Endo’s action. He will cross his arm like an X as Vylen described so that isn’t what you’re referring to. I have seen him do a small t with his fingers but that’s like saying "vampire, evil, stay away" which a lot of people an movies do during the 80’s and 90’s. Those fit more of the context of what I’ve seen. Besides the way he’s dressed, Endo isn’t very "hip" to culture, symbols and languages. Except he’s exceptional at sexting apparently. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_FHrXXfEs

[quote="paichu":29fni55q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_FHrXXfEs

Go to 1:42. Behind Hamada, Endo is totally crossing himself.

This is the first (and maybe only) time in history Youtube commenters have been more observant than GnT.com XD[/quote:29fni55q]

LOL … everybody misunderstood your question Paichu … we though you talking about the finger cross thing … but you were talking about the nipple touching sign or what ever you call it …

I Though he was not christian , but looking at this video it looks like you are correct paichu …

omg I never noticed that o.o’ this is a little weird…

Pretty sure it’s just an excuse for him to touch his nipples. That creepo.

[quote="paichu":2hvm6654]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_FHrXXfEs

Go to 1:42. Behind Hamada, Endo is totally crossing himself.

This is the first (and maybe only) time in history Youtube commenters have been more observant than GnT.com XD[/quote:2hvm6654]

I know! I reacted to it the first time I saw that batsu-game (I guess I noticed because I worked in church for some years before). BUT, Endo also does it in one of the janken-torunaments. Several times, when he wins, he does it again. of to find exact place

Well, the two possibilities is that either he’s actually christian, or he wants to keep a western influence on his habits (same idea as the christian marriage among japanese people)

He did the same sign in a show where he was imitating Beat Takeshi. Although it’s a strange cross sign…

[quote="Kanzaki":2xotafzn]Well, the two possibilities is that either he’s actually christian, or he wants to keep a western influence on his habits (same idea as the christian marriage among japanese people)[/quote:2xotafzn]

He’s just doing it in jest. They do the same thing in Japanese pro wrestling to mean "I hope that never happens to me"

[quote="FlydayChinatown":3ke4hy7y][quote="Kanzaki":3ke4hy7y]Well, the two possibilities is that either he’s actually christian, or he wants to keep a western influence on his habits (same idea as the christian marriage among japanese people)[/quote:3ke4hy7y]

He’s just doing it in jest. They do the same thing in Japanese pro wrestling to mean "I hope that never happens to me"[/quote:3ke4hy7y]

Still, he does it when he WINS in the janken tournament… :?: