Batsu Games getting stale, a little?

I absolutely love the yearly batsu games but the last 3 batsu games seemed a little too “similar”. Especially the last two.

Change outfit, get on bus, bus trip with traps to destination, break room with drawers filled with funny goodies, trip to a “staged” event, back to break room and repeat for a few more times and the end…

I really hope that this year’s batsu game is more themed oriented. The Hospital Batsu game, to me, was the last batsu game where the theme was really “thick” instead of the gang in costumes doing a batsu game. Don’t mean to sound negative in anyway! :unsure: Just wondering if anyone else noticed…

maybe but i still like it

Hmm I would say it’s repetetive if it was more often. However it’s only once a year.

And even though the format is the same, the content is usually different.

Sometimes having the same thing makes it more funny, for example recurring guests such as itao and chouno.

I think it’s fine to be honest

T.T… I mis the “Konya ga Yamada!!!” screams before sleeping… :P

I say it 'cause it was a repetitive but “laugh guaranteed”… :P

And i also miss the “hidden hole” (When Endo falls at the beginning of the hospital Batsu game)… That was very very funny…

But hey! They might do some repetitive stuff but it’s very funny (Chono’s slap it’s the best!! “GOD DAMN!!” :lol:)

… The only thing i don’t like it’s the bus because you know that there’s something funny coming when it stops… But it’s very funny stuff too :P

I really don’t have much to complain about, they have funny stuff and well the one thing I really enjoyed this year was the Heipo channel where he was scared like no other while being alone in a box.

It really was one of the best things in my mind.

There are slight differences in content, but my only real complaint is more of a reality check. Like it made sense for news reporters to have to go all over the place for big events, but I’m not so sure about hotel employees. If they were, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be reserved front row center seats… etc.

Although that’s a really weak complaint at that.

Really I’m more enjoying the edutainment for myself… I get Japanese Verbal, Written, and Reading practice while having the time of my life!

Although for the non-learners of Japanese that doesn’t apply as much, but still its great fun.

If they repeat the same setup next year I might be a little annoyed, but I won’t mind it entirely. I’ll just be excited to see the new content.

It would be funny seeing Heipo joining them in the next Batsu Game.

I also would like to see the return of Konya ga Yamada.

Let us see, They took the role of:

1- High school Students.
2- Customers “Hot Spring Inn + Yugawara”
3- Policemen.
4- Nurses.
5- Newspaper Reporters.
6- Hotel Keepers

What is left? :blink:

I think the return of High school students would be cool, but this time make it Girls school and let Matsumoto along with the others dress up as a Female teachers.

Any brilliant ideas you got, guys?

Firefighters of course…

need to get the trio of emergency services

It is but it’s still funny nonetheless right? :)

Though who knows what other things they will do for this year’s batsu game. :D

[quote:1lhmwk0m][i:1lhmwk0m]Originally posted by OrosaMx[/i:1lhmwk0m]

[/quote:1lhmwk0m]

Show-hei heeey~~…

Show-hei heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy! …

That one was better =P

[quote:14g6wu4x][i:14g6wu4x]Originally posted by Elratauru[/i:14g6wu4x]

[quote:14g6wu4x][i:14g6wu4x]Originally posted by OrosaMx[/i:14g6wu4x]

[/quote:14g6wu4x]

Show-hei heeey~~…

Show-hei heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy! …

That one was better =P[/quote:14g6wu4x]

Konya ga yamada-fu

Yeah, shou hei heeeeey! Was epic!

Shou hei heeeeeey!

Shou hei heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiy!

“Shohei HEY” is funny, but “Konya ga yamada” is my favourite because you can change the pronunciation or the words a little and it means something different (“Honya ga yamada??”)

True that, the concept is pretty much the same, but the batsu games are getting bigger and more complex. They really outdid themselves with the scary Newspaper Agency, so I have high hopes in this one.

I say a running gag or two doesn’t hurt. Matsuko Deluxe, Itao Itsuji and Chono are badass, so I don’t mind seeing them again. :D
Actually, the running gags are what I like most about the show because it makes me feel like I know the cast and their risibility.

I understand what your saying. I find myself waiting on the same old routine from time to time, however I think it’s the format they’ve chosen thats made it so popular.

They’ve taken the placement of the events to a different setting each time (hospital, newspaper agency, hotel), but the comedy is new and innovative.

They may get on a bus for two games in a row, but it’s new stuff mixed in with the old. I also think it’s true that they grow funnier the older they get - and they ain’t gettin’ any younger. ;)

Matsuri: Itao is a legend in the Batsu game. Always different and always very funny with his weird sense of humour. :D

Ad roles in future: I think they might return to classic “guest in a onsen” role. The firefighter would be good, too. Imagine Tanaka dealing with a fire. :lol:

[quote:3pzavkxu][i:3pzavkxu]Originally posted by Vylen[/i:3pzavkxu]
Firefighters of course…

need to get the trio of emergency services[/quote:3pzavkxu]

I WAS THINKING THAT TOO! I reckon the Gaki team as firefighters would be awesome!

Now to the topic:

I love the yearly batsu games but I do agree that the last 3 were a bit similar to each other.

Hmmm… Does it have something to do with all five members participating in the last three? I’m not sure because I love that all 5 are in the Batsu Game.

Or recruits in the military :)

You know, nightly missions, driving around in tanks and trying weapons.

There was one thing i liked about Hotel Man…

It seemingly went for the full 24 hours… sure they had naps and all that, but they dont seem to be treated to a bed…

The same happened with News Agency, but it seemed to finish before the full 24 hours - they left and it was still dark.

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK WHEN DOING 24 HOUR MARATHONS :P

[quote:1s5iuugc][i:1s5iuugc]Originally posted by Melville[/i:1s5iuugc]
Matsuri: Itao is a legend in the Batsu game. Always different and always very funny with his weird sense of humour. :D[/quote:1s5iuugc]
Oh yes :clap: I think he had the most screen time in the Hospital batsu ([b:1s5iuugc]BLACK JACK![/b:1s5iuugc]) but my favourite Itao moment will always be from the Yugawara batsu. I just cannot seem to get over Sniper Itao saying:
“Change of target? … A guy with contact lenses?”

[quote:1s5iuugc]Ad roles in future: I think they might return to classic “guest in a onsen” role. The firefighter would be good, too. Imagine Tanaka dealing with a fire. :lol:[/quote:1s5iuugc]
He’s gonna die! :lol:

Now to put in my 2 cents:
I think it would be cool if the next batsu game took place at a court. :D

I personally don’t find it stale at all. As mentioned earlier, while the format generally used is the same, the content used is always fresh. I think the content gets better too, each year.

Also, when they get each other into their own traps, it’s always on the fly and never predictable. That’s probably why I love the segments when they’re in their break room the most.

And on the subject of Itao, I am always looking forward to his cameos, haha. That one in the onsen where he keeps telling nagging on Tanaka gets me everytime I watch it.

What makes the repeated situations funny is that the cast notice familiar things and and try to brace for what’s to come, but they still get trapped. Also, I really enjoy some of the running jokes (Itao’s wife, Chiaki, etc), it helps build the familiarity the audience has with the comedians (those of us who don’t speak japanese and only watch batsu games).