Comedy Legend, Ueshima Ryuhei passed away. R.I.P.

With a heavy heart I write this post.
The comedy legend Ueshima Ryuhei from Dachou Clubs passed away today. Apparentely suicide.

Rest in Peace, old friend. You will never be forgotten

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/c8696a839f9935bece92b044de73a1349e5bf663

Suicide is never the answer. Please, always reach to someone. There is always a way out

In here you can find phone numbers of your country to talk to someone if you feel you need to:
https://blog.opencounseling.co/suicide-hotlines/

Suicide Hotline USA phone number (800) 273-8255
Ueshima_Ryuhei.jpg

I was very shocked to see the news on the morning.

May he rest in peace.

ame ta-lk 2021.08.19 - Ueshima Ryuhei Kanreki SP

I was too. I got so sad, my dear friend.
He will live in us all. Do we know why he took that decision?? What is japanese media saying??

The motives for his suicide have not yet been reported in detail.

I see. Thank you so much, my friend.

I hope his family and friend find confort. And wherever he went, he found peace for his soul.

Very sad to hear, his segment during the Hotelman batsu remains among the most memorable moment in its history for me. Certainly a legend within the history of Japanese comedy, Ueshima-san and Dachou Club’s iconic and well-crafted skits will live on as a heritage of Japanese comedy. May he rest in peace.

Definitely a legend, his “osuna yo” (don’t push me) when inviting the other members of Dachou Club to push him into the hot water is basically common knowledge at this point and many younger geinin use these words as homage when diving into ponds.

The way he passed away feels very surreal to me.
He approached the hardships of having to comply with the BPO (perfect temperature bath during the owarai no hi of last year) and the distancing due to the pandemic, by turning these limitations into new gags together with the other remembers of Dachou Club led me to assume he was strong and determined in front of challenges.
I guess everybody has weak spots, maybe we will know more in the coming days.

What saddens me the most is that we will never get him again on Ametalk, his episodes were some of the best the show has to offer, with the Ueshima kai vs Degawa family episode from many years ago being one of my favorite episodes ever.