Quick question about subtitles.

Technical support, site inquiries, and forum questions
3 posts Page 1 of 1
First I want to thank everyone who is subtitling all the videos. Everyone's work is awesome. But I do have a question about them. I'm not a subber at all. I've tried to do subbing on an anime before and I just have no experience in it though, I have a lot of experience in is making custom dvds.

The thing is that when I go put any of these video and subtitle files into the program I use, it shows a ton of streams for the subs when its supposed to only show one.

For example: There would be one subtitle file loaded and it would show 9 streams.
These 9 streams for a dvd would show as 9 separate subtitles (You know on a dvd where it would be like English, Spanish, Chinese ect., it'd show these 9 streams as options) throughout playback, meaning that the one subtitle file would not play correctly. In otherwords, you'd have to hit the subtitle button on your dvd remote 1-9 times during playback to get the right subs showing at the right time. It's even possible that one of those streams has all the subtitles but from past experience, I know the subs are all split up throughout all those streams.

Can someone explain why there are so many? I'd like to show these videos to my brother-in-law by putting them on dvd but like I said, these streams are preventing me from doing so.

Look at this

SUBS Question

and feel free to search or surfing this thread

Troubleshooting and Help

Pls post such questions in the troubleshooting and help section and state also which Software you use.

Thanks. I should have looked around before making this. I knew someone would have run into the same problem, but they took a different approach.
3 posts Page 1 of 1