how many otaku are on this board?

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
I know a bunch of you gaki fans also like anime/manga and videogames, but who knows what carameldansen and/or hare hare yukai is? :P

i don't know carameldansen, but hare hare is hirano aya's anime, right?
I dont know what either of those terms means, but Ive considered myself an otaku since the first anime I watched at age five. I've got the giant mound of anime plushies starring at me to prove it.

caramaldansen........

*Shudders*

ooohh.. i love doing the caramel dance (or carameldansen)!

oh~ so that's called carameldansen.. i have seen it, but forgot the name.
when it comes to dancing, im no good. (being stiff and all -_-)
wota's are just amazing.. to some degree.
and unlike spike, i don't have any mountain piles of plushies or cd/dvds in my room. but if you look at my hardrive, you'll find quite a collection ^__^

Ha, I'm familiar with both, though I've performed neither... in public. I've seen a solid amount of anime, but I currently watch more j-dramas.

Is there some kind of check-list thing where you can check if you're an otaku or not?

Originally posted by MooMetal
Is there some kind of check-list thing where you can check if you're an otaku or not?

Otaku test

Here you go :D

Your otaku Purity Test Results
You answered "yes" to 68 of 200 questions, making you 66.0% otaku pure (34.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 15%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 66.4%.

Originally posted by Matsuri
Originally posted by MooMetal

Otaku test

Here you go :D

Your otaku Purity Test Results
You answered "yes" to 68 of 200 questions, making you 66.0% otaku pure (34.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 15%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 66.4%.

Thanks, i got:

You answered "yes" to 30 of 200 questions, making you 85.0% otaku pure (15.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 11%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

Originally posted by wakeuplan
Ha, I'm familiar with both, though I've performed neither... in public. I've seen a solid amount of anime, but I currently watch more j-dramas.

Yeah I haven't performed them either, nor have I even been to an anime convention to see it performed. I've seen a fair share of j-dramas myself but got sick of them trying to make me cry (and sometimes succeeding... ><)

You answered "yes" to 53 of 200 questions, making you 73.5% otaku pure (26.5% otaku corrupt). Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 7%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

I've been leaning out of alot of anime for the occasional one nowadays.

I never really enjoyed Shounen, more of a Senin guy myself.

You answered "yes" to 46 of 200 questions, making you 77.0% otaku pure (23.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 12%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

What can I say, I like my anime.

*is too lazy to take the quiz* haha

I like watching anime but i won't say i'm a Otaku , i just watch it but i don't buy all those other things like those dolls and such. Or make websites about it. I just love to see it :D

I wouldn't call myself an otaku either, but if I'd live in Japan I'd sure as hell be one :D
It's just that anime is considered quite "nerdy" here because most people think it's like cartoons for little kids :rolleyes: