Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Hey

Does anyone play this game?
Anyone currently attempting GT Academy, why not post your times here?
Discuss GT5P here guys.

Offtopic: Forza3 >> GT5

On: I don’t own a PS3 but i’m still curious how big this game is gonna be!

This game has been in development now for a good 2 to 3 years…maybe more, I don’t know…so this game should be excellent but it does have some competition in Forza.

The full game has been in development for more than that, it’s due for release next year sometime.

I have to say, Forza 3’s environments look much better than in GT5P but it is released 2 years after GT5P.

GT5P has better car models though, in car view is much better too. GT5P also has better lighting.

As for handling, i wouldn’t know as i haven’t played Forza before so i can’t really say which one is better. In terms of presentation and everything though, i prefer GT5P.

GT 5 Prologue is just a demo with some cars GT 5 is still in development…

for the Forza vs GT…

Forza have the some what feel of realism but it doesn’t compare to what GT have… every spec for every car is GT is different like if you want to add nos to a Nissan S15 or a Nissan S13, they had different specs (e.g. weigh, the effect of nos, how much gas a car take, top speed, torque) and is hand down on of the best feel if you like cars…
But if you like the real car but like to drive fast without without the specs in the way and weird real car turn ratio go for Forza… and you get to customize your car in Forza…

Yeah, one thing i’ve always noticed about Gran Turismo is how great the cars feel.

They feel like they weigh something unlike in some series such as NFS where the cars feel weightless and same goes for Grid.

In Gran Turismo you kinda feel the car starting to slip or get a bit lighter as you go faster.

Although people complain about having so many of the same model variants of one car, it does make a difference like the difference between a Silvia K or a Silvia Q. That is, one being turbo and the other being naturally aspirated.

Even with the new GT Academy demo/challenge, you can feel the differences between the two cars that are in principle the same, only one is a stock 370Z and one is a tuned 370Z. Just taking a corner in both cars you feel the difference straight away. I am very keen to see what GT5 will be like.

Im regards to posting up GT Academy times:

[b:bxdc098a]Tuned:[/b:bxdc098a] 1’42.725 [b:bxdc098a]Ranked:[/b:bxdc098a] 3565
[b:bxdc098a]Normal:[/b:bxdc098a] 1’54.483 [b:bxdc098a]Ranked:[/b:bxdc098a] 2444
[b:bxdc098a]Total:[/b:bxdc098a] 3’38.208 [b:bxdc098a]Ranked:[/b:bxdc098a] 2326

I am also using the Logitech G25 steering wheel to do the races. After getting used to the feel, I was able to knock almost 4 seconds off my best times to get what I am at now. Im sure I can do better just havnt had the time to try lately.

Wow I am also using the G25 but only for drifting in LFS, etc. I think I played GT5 only once in my life.

The G25 is awesome, you even need to be easy on the gas coz you will spin out in the corners really easy :P

[quote:1bjuom0y][i:1bjuom0y]Originally posted by titan[/i:1bjuom0y]
Even with the new GT Academy demo/challenge, you can feel the differences between the two cars that are in principle the same, only one is a stock 370Z and one is a tuned 370Z. Just taking a corner in both cars you feel the difference straight away. I am very keen to see what GT5 will be like.

Im regards to posting up GT Academy times:

[b:1bjuom0y]Tuned:[/b:1bjuom0y] 1’42.725 [b:1bjuom0y]Ranked:[/b:1bjuom0y] 3565
[b:1bjuom0y]Normal:[/b:1bjuom0y] 1’54.483 [b:1bjuom0y]Ranked:[/b:1bjuom0y] 2444
[b:1bjuom0y]Total:[/b:1bjuom0y] 3’38.208 [b:1bjuom0y]Ranked:[/b:1bjuom0y] 2326

I am also using the Logitech G25 steering wheel to do the races. After getting used to the feel, I was able to knock almost 4 seconds off my best times to get what I am at now. Im sure I can do better just havnt had the time to try lately.[/quote:1bjuom0y]

Yea you should definitely be doing better since you have the wheel. I’ve been doing it on automatic, and traction control 10 setting, and have been posting 141-142 laptimes with just the controller. I really want to buy a wheel, but i havent convinced myself to spend 300 dollars yet :D.

Im not a driving ace, but when comparing driving with the controller and the wheel & pedals, there is no comparison. It is so much harder with the g25 than the controller ( Well for me it is anyway :D )

Yep, it is very hard and frustrating. Sometimes I just give up when I cant drift properly.

On somedays after drifting and grip racing for hours you just need to take a break because you just get tired and the time increases and drift score just starts to degenerate.

I haven’t been able to get above 13k drifting on Eiger Nordwand. I found a good starting car was the Subaru STI WRX Hatch. But my favourite is the RX-7, it’s such a handful lol.

I’m currently trying to get higher on the scoreboard with the RX-7 on Eiger Nordwand Time Trial.

So far my best tims is 1’17.000 lol.
Settings are:
Manual
All aids off
Professional
S2 Tires.

Well, I’ve been playing this lately.
With we could hook up and play that all together! :)