Gaki no tsukai language

Hey there, i know zero of japanese but ,i will try to learn it but first of all i need to know some thing.When i’m watching batsu game or ya arahende game ,there is always japenese subs.What i want to know is :is it hiragana ,katakana or kanji subs.Do i have to learn all those to be able to read and talk japanese. Thx

A mix of all three. I can read hira and kata, but not Kanji.

accordingly to you if i know hiragana and katakana i should be good to understand japanese , cuz if im not wrong hira and kita is for inside japan and kanji outside japan no?

[quote="nathan":3ag5hrd0]accordingly to you if i know hiragana and katakana i should be good to understand japanese , cuz if im not wrong hira and kita is for inside japan and kanji outside japan no?[/quote:3ag5hrd0]

Katakana is used for words that aren’t originally Japanese not Kanji.

Please, take a seat, a glass of water and don’t be scared.

In Japanese you can find a mishmash of four alphabets. Nooo, don’t run away!!

Well, they are not precisely alphabets. Lemme explain:
Kana refers to hiragana and katakana. Both have a certain number of syllables, and each syllable belongs to a different character.

Hiragana is the most frequent one. Ordinary japanese language is written in this alphabet. The strokes are curved and stylized.
Katakana is used to transcribe foreign words, but there are some words in Japanese that are taken from other languages. Then, this one is used. Many onomatopoeias (Boom, crash, bang, wow, crack) are also written in katakana. The strokes are more straight and less stylized.
Many words are written with its chinese character. Those are the kanjis. Not only "Japan", "Prime Minister" or "Emperor" are writen in this way, but also many others. However, in newspapers… and even in the karaoke from many anime openings and endings, there is a transcription in hiragana of those kanjis. Kanjis are hard even among japanese people (feel free to ask Endo about it :lol: )

As you can see in the series, many nicknames such as Fujiwara, and even more singers and musicians (hyde, miyavi, ayabie…) are written in "our" alphabet: romanji. You will also find many company names that way, such as Sony, Toyota, Sanyo, Daihatsu, Nintendo, Konami… etc.

That was a brief explanation. I hope it helps ;)

yeah sure it helped me , i’m going to attack it and learn japanese slowly but surely thanks :clap: (and yes endo is kinda fun when he is reading kanji ,in police batsu game i think ;) )

I had a japanese teacher for two years a wile ago, took me some time to remember all the Hira and Kata, unfortunatly, when we started learning grammar along with vocaulary, she had to leave and go back to Japan to see her family, couldn’t see her again sas she moved out of her flat… Makes me sad cause i liked her and i wish i could keep learning…

Here’s a good technique to memorize the alphabet fast and efficiently.
Get a Hiragana or Katakana table, print one with everything on it, then, using photoshp or whatever, erase the hiraganas/katakanas, save and print the empty table.
First you try and memorize it the alphabet, try going for one line or column at a time.
Then, take an empty table and try to write all the one you can recall.
After that, take your full table and write down the one you missed in a different colour on your test sheet.

Proceed again, and you should start memorizing them. The colour code is cool cause it lets yo usee wich one you forget and so you can focus on it o nthe next try.
At first i was about 40% sur of my hiraganas, but after doing about 4 to 6 tries, i think i manage to get a 90% correct table. It’s a very good start, and if you do it once or twice a week or a month, you can keep em fresh in your brain and it’ll eventualy be engrave in your mind.

i can read none nor write but i can speak and listen lol 8)

Sooo… you want to learn Japanese? Good I’m lurkin’ in the forum. First of all, here is some "fun" way to do it [url=http://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/sheaa/projects/genki/hiragana-timer.html:3mrp9tjn]Hiragana-Puzzle[/url:3mrp9tjn].

Second, if you don’t know the Kana at all read this one [url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/26677027/Remembering-the-Kana-Part-1-2-Hiragana-Katakana:3mrp9tjn]Remembering the Kana[/url:3mrp9tjn].
It’s from James W. Heisig, the learning method he uses is a little bit strange, albeit very efficient. If you don’t trust the slogan "learn it in 3 Hours" - trust at least me, I learned it in 1hour 30minutes
(Well, I was acquainted with the mnemotechnics at this point. In fact, I started with the Kanji, then, after I’ve learned the Kanji, I learned the Hiragana). But please, don’t rush it, learn every day a few Kana, and listen to the wise man’s word.

Wow, thanks for this! I’ve been looking to brush up/learn hiragana and katakana this summer…
~L~