What book are you reading now?

Now reading:

Eiji Yoshikawa - Musashi

Oh, that’s a good book, Beat Takeshi! I’ve read it a few years ago and it was awesome!
I’m currently reading "How the Soldier Repairs the Gramophone" by Saša Stanišić and am amazed as well.

I’m currently reading a 600-pages phenomenal book by a french philosopher called Michel Onfray in which he shows that Freud is nothing but a liar who taught that his own situation was valid for all humanity.

Pretty interesting.

What a coincidence, I’m reading Madness Explained: psychosis and human nature by Bentall. Though I put that one on hold and started reading 5 more books. Currently, my attention’s focused on Steven Harper’s sci-fi series "The Silent Empire". The price of working in a bookstore is that you create your own library at home.

[quote="iniquiti":2unohgjl]What a coincidence, I’m reading Madness Explained: psychosis and human nature by Bentall. Though I put that one on hold and started reading 5 more books. Currently, my attention’s focused on Steven Harper’s sci-fi series "The Silent Empire". The price of working in a bookstore is that you create your own library at home.[/quote:2unohgjl]

If you’re interest in Sci-Fi, I suggest you to read the "Dune" series by Frank Herbert (1965). It it to Sci-Fi what The Lord of the Rings is to Fantasy ;)

I’m very familiar what the Dune series, yeah, though I haven’t started reading it yet. Ender’s Game is still in my list but I’m trying to finish off most of Phillip K Dick’s books. LoTRs is a classic of mine when I was little hearts

Just readed
Andrzej sapkowski - Ostatnie zyczenie (Maybe better knowing The witcher)

Now reading
Max Brooks - World War Z - An oral history of the zombie war

I’m currently reading A Feast for Crows. It seems that the pacing of the story has been brought down a notch from the older books in the series, but it’s still worthwhile.
I’m not going to read the next book in the series until it’s released as a paperback, so when I’m done with A Feast for crows, I’ll go back to reading Assassin’s Apprentice.

[quote="Qurao":agovlv2w]I’m currently reading A Feast for Crows. It seems that the pacing of the story has been brought down a notch from the older books in the series, but it’s still worthwhile.
I’m not going to read the next book in the series until it’s released as a paperback, so when I’m done with A Feast for crows, I’ll go back to reading Assassin’s Apprentice.[/quote:agovlv2w]

I just ordered second tome of Game of Thrones I don’t remember it name (it’s in French).

Right now I’m reading Stephen Hawking’s The Universe in a Nutshell. Theoritical Physics is just amazing.

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (HP et la Coupe de Feu in French)…My fav HP ever _

I’ve noticed alot of you are into your Fantasy & Sci-Fi novels…but not me ^^ :D
I’m more into my Manga books! at the moment I’m currently reading manga series "Gantz" & "Detroit Metal City", they are awesome…I love the art in Gantz & it’s amazing story-line! also Detroit Metal City is a very funny manga :rofl:

I’m going to start reading the warhammer series and I’m reading Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 by michio kaku interesting stuff

[quote="V-KeiGuy88":18xnmq3q]I’ve noticed alot of you are into your Fantasy & Sci-Fi novels…but not me ^^ :D
I’m more into my Manga books! at the moment I’m currently reading manga series "Gantz" & "Detroit Metal City", they are awesome…I love the art in Gantz & it’s amazing story-line! also Detroit Metal City is a very funny manga :rofl:[/quote:18xnmq3q]
I’ve watched the anime adaptation of Gantz and the live-action DMC movie, and both are pretty great. The only manga that I read, though, are Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and Claymore.

Karlology, a book about exploring the curiosities of Karl Pilkington :P

[quote="Qurao":3g7xeso2]
I’ve watched the anime adaptation of Gantz and the live-action DMC movie, and both are pretty great. The only manga that I read, though, are Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and Claymore.[/quote:3g7xeso2]

kool :) well…so far…I have 18 volumes of the the Gantz manga book series…waiting for volume 19 to be released in UK in October…also I’ve watched whole anime series & both live-action movies of Gantz…brilliant series!
I have all 10 volumes of Detroit Metal City, recently bought the 10th volume…and watched the anime & live-action movie :) this is a crazy series but alottt of fun :D

I also love reading & watching manga series such as Death Note, Battle Royale, Akira, Initial D, Fist of the North Star etc etc ^^

Waiting for the next Terry Pratchett book to come out in Oct.

Maddox - The Alphabet of Manliness :geek:

[quote="doneb":lnvje92t]Maddox - The Alphabet of Manliness :geek:[/quote:lnvje92t]

I bought a copy of that book a long time ago because the website was hilarious. Very funny and amusing book :drunk:

My favorite books are:-
1.)Doc: A Novel (Hardcover)
2.)The Family Fang (Hardcover)
3.)JR (Paperback)
4.)Still Life With Woodpecker (Paperback)
5.)Rules of Civility (Hardcover)
Now I start to read this book Doc: A Novel. I just start to read this novel I think this is very interesting novel. This writer of this novel Mary Doria Russell.

I’ve started a kick on WWII non-fiction narratives, mostly but not all naval. Did a few centered on submarines, the best of which was "The Wake of the Wahoo", an extremely well done book. Just finished another very good one, "The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors", about the US-Japanese battle of the Leyte Gulf. Done several from the German perspective including "Iron Coffins", Panzer Commander" and "Stuka Pilot".

I usually have some fiction going too; one of the best recent was an older book, "The Pillars of the Earth", themed around an intense look at the life of the builders and instigators of medieval English cathedrals.