What book are you reading now?

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
Waiting for the next Terry Pratchett book to come out in Oct.
Maddox - The Alphabet of Manliness :geek:
doneb wrote:
Maddox - The Alphabet of Manliness :geek:

I bought a copy of that book a long time ago because the website was hilarious. Very funny and amusing book :drunk:
I've started a kick on WWII non-fiction narratives, mostly but not all naval. Did a few centered on submarines, the best of which was "The Wake of the Wahoo", an extremely well done book. Just finished another very good one, "The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors", about the US-Japanese battle of the Leyte Gulf. Done several from the German perspective including "Iron Coffins", Panzer Commander" and "Stuka Pilot".

I usually have some fiction going too; one of the best recent was an older book, "The Pillars of the Earth", themed around an intense look at the life of the builders and instigators of medieval English cathedrals.
Darrren Shan - Demonata Lord Loss
Bible :)
George Orwell - Nineteen eighty-four
i just started reading The women at the Pump by Knut Hamsun
In the middle of reading A Dance With Dragons. 48 chapters down, 25 more chapters to go. :smoke:
Feet of Clay, a Discworld novel by Terry Pratchett.
Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series
Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro

SUCH a good read! About clones who are raised to be organ donors - it's a book that makes you think; it's sooo good! :)
Almost finishing A Dance With Dragons. Epic journey !
I made the mistake of getting a bunch of books I really wanted to read all at the same time (because I'm a massive idiot :drunk: ).

I'm currently reading "Krondor: Tear of the Gods" By Raymond E. Fiest... so far I've read 14 books in the Riftwar Cycle out of I think 29 >_< After that I have the "Mistborn" trilogy by Brandon Sanderson and then the massive "A Song of Ice and Fire" books that others have mentioned... and after that I still have even more... ARGH! :@

("Hell yeah" to SpikeBender! Anything by Terry Pratchett is gold :) )
Elizabeth Bear 'Carnival'. Storm Constantine's 'Wraeththu series' after.