What book are you reading now?

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
Now reading:

Eiji Yoshikawa - Musashi
Oh, that's a good book, Beat Takeshi! I've read it a few years ago and it was awesome!
I'm currently reading "How the Soldier Repairs the Gramophone" by Saša Stanišić and am amazed as well.
I'm currently reading a 600-pages phenomenal book by a french philosopher called Michel Onfray in which he shows that Freud is nothing but a liar who taught that his own situation was valid for all humanity.

Pretty interesting.
What a coincidence, I'm reading Madness Explained: psychosis and human nature by Bentall. Though I put that one on hold and started reading 5 more books. Currently, my attention's focused on Steven Harper's sci-fi series "The Silent Empire". The price of working in a bookstore is that you create your own library at home.
iniquiti wrote:
What a coincidence, I'm reading Madness Explained: psychosis and human nature by Bentall. Though I put that one on hold and started reading 5 more books. Currently, my attention's focused on Steven Harper's sci-fi series "The Silent Empire". The price of working in a bookstore is that you create your own library at home.

If you're interest in Sci-Fi, I suggest you to read the "Dune" series by Frank Herbert (1965). It it to Sci-Fi what The Lord of the Rings is to Fantasy ;)
I'm very familiar what the Dune series, yeah, though I haven't started reading it yet. Ender's Game is still in my list but I'm trying to finish off most of Phillip K Dick's books. LoTRs is a classic of mine when I was little *hearts*
Just readed
Andrzej sapkowski - Ostatnie zyczenie (Maybe better knowing The witcher)

Now reading
Max Brooks - World War Z - An oral history of the zombie war
I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows. It seems that the pacing of the story has been brought down a notch from the older books in the series, but it's still worthwhile.
I'm not going to read the next book in the series until it's released as a paperback, so when I'm done with A Feast for crows, I'll go back to reading Assassin's Apprentice.
Qurao wrote:
I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows. It seems that the pacing of the story has been brought down a notch from the older books in the series, but it's still worthwhile.
I'm not going to read the next book in the series until it's released as a paperback, so when I'm done with A Feast for crows, I'll go back to reading Assassin's Apprentice.

I just ordered second tome of Game of Thrones I don't remember it name (it's in French).

Right now I'm reading Stephen Hawking's The Universe in a Nutshell. Theoritical Physics is just amazing.
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (HP et la Coupe de Feu in French)...My fav HP ever *_*
I've noticed alot of you are into your Fantasy & Sci-Fi novels..but not me ^^ :D
I'm more into my Manga books! at the moment I'm currently reading manga series "Gantz" & "Detroit Metal City", they are awesome..I love the art in Gantz & it's amazing story-line! also Detroit Metal City is a very funny manga :rofl:
I'm going to start reading the warhammer series and I'm reading Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 by michio kaku interesting stuff
V-KeiGuy88 wrote:
I've noticed alot of you are into your Fantasy & Sci-Fi novels..but not me ^^ :D
I'm more into my Manga books! at the moment I'm currently reading manga series "Gantz" & "Detroit Metal City", they are awesome..I love the art in Gantz & it's amazing story-line! also Detroit Metal City is a very funny manga :rofl:

I've watched the anime adaptation of Gantz and the live-action DMC movie, and both are pretty great. The only manga that I read, though, are Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and Claymore.
Karlology, a book about exploring the curiosities of Karl Pilkington :P
Qurao wrote:
I've watched the anime adaptation of Gantz and the live-action DMC movie, and both are pretty great. The only manga that I read, though, are Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and Claymore.

kool :) well..so far..I have 18 volumes of the the Gantz manga book series..waiting for volume 19 to be released in UK in October..also I've watched whole anime series & both live-action movies of Gantz..brilliant series!
I have all 10 volumes of Detroit Metal City, recently bought the 10th volume..and watched the anime & live-action movie :) this is a crazy series but alottt of fun :D

I also love reading & watching manga series such as Death Note, Battle Royale, Akira, Initial D, Fist of the North Star etc etc ^^